The CSAC Fellows Program
One of the objectives of The Center for the Study of the American Constitution (CSAC) is to extend the reach of our expertise and resources to a broad range of communities beyond the university. To that end we want to identify teachers throughout the state who have a proven record of commitment to teaching as a career. Our efforts with this program are to honor teachers and enhance their content knowledge and pedagogical skills in the Founding Period. Each year the CSAC will accept applications and select six teachers from the state of Wisconsin to serve as CSAC Fellows. The CSAC staff will do selection of the Fellows. Any teacher who is currently under contract to teach in any Wisconsin school, public or private, is eligible to apply. CSAC Fellows are eligible for the fellowship upon reapplication.
Benefits of being a CSAC Fellow
- General Awards
- A cash award of $150
- A Wisconsin Historical Society Membership
- A set of reference books
- Conference Awards
- Fellows will automatically be enrolled in 2 two-day workshops specifically designed for CSAC Fellows. One will be in the fall (December 11-12, 2016) and the second in the spring (April 2-3, 2017).
- While at the conferences, Fellows will be housed on the campus of the UW-Madison. Meals will also be provided and stipends provided for travel.
- Fellows will be given access to conferences hosted by other UW outreach organizations.
- Fellows will have opportunities to network with other teachers from around the state
Past CSAC Fellows
Angela Bazan Deerfield High School Aaron Callender South Milwaukee High School Tammy Johnson Kettle Moraine High School Matt Scherbarth Mukwonago High School Mary Talsky Pius XI High School Chad Thompson DC Everest
Aaron Callender South Milwaukee High School Tim Huebner Shiocton Middle School David Olson Madison Memorial High School Paul Stellpflug Oshkosh West High School Mary Talsky Pius XI High School Michael Vuolo Kettle Moraine High School
Audrey Damon-Wynne McFarland High School Colleen Kollasch Deforest High School Mary Silva Milwaukee Public Schools Joe Schmidt Peshtigo Middle/High School Jennifer Wachowski Mishicot High School
Kathryn Bartel St. Mary's Springs Academy John Franco Waukegan High School Lori Keough St. Charles High School Vince Kube Columbus High School David Moon Reedsburg High School Pam Smith Florence High School
Milton High School
Marshall High School
Thomas More High School
Ripon High School
Sturgeon Bay High School
Sauk Prairie High School
Cameron High School
Notre Dame High School