The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution
CSAC’s principal effort has been the publication of The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution (DHRC). Online access to DHRC is available by subscription through Rotunda, a digital publications collection at the University of Virginia Press. By January 2017, DHRC volumes will be available at no cost through the University of Wisconsin Libraries’ Digital Collections. Volumes published after 2015 will be available following a two-year embargo. Bound volumes are also available at most research libraries and can be purchased from the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Constitutional Documents and Records, 1776-1787 (CDR)
- Vol. I: Constitutional Documents and Records, 1776-1787 (1976)
Ratification of the Constitution by the States (RCS)
- Vol. II: Pennsylvania (1976)
- Vol. III: Delaware, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut (1978)
- Vols. IV-VII: Massachusetts (1997–2001)
- Vols. VIII-X: Virginia (1988–93)
- Vols. XI-XII: Maryland (2015)
- Vols. XIX-XXIII: New York (2003–09)
- Vols. XXIV-XXVI: Rhode Island (2011–13)
- Vol. XXVII: South Carolina (2016)
- Vol. XXVIII: New Hampshire (2017)
- Vol. XXIX: Vermont/Congress (2017)
- Vols XXX: North Carolina (forthcoming)
Commentaries on the Constitution: Public and Private (CC)
- Vol. XIII: 21 February to 7 November 1787 (1981)
- Vol. XIV: 8 November to 17 December 1787 (1983)
- Vol. XV: 18 December 1787 to 31 January 1788 (1984)
- Vol. XVI: 1 February to 31 March 1788 (1986)
- Vol. XVII; 1 April to 9 May 1788 (1995)
- Vol. XVIII: 10 May to 13 September 1788 (1995)
Books – A listing of books published by the Center for the Study of the American Constitution, John P. Kaminski, and the Constitutional Heritage Series.
Mapping the Ratification of the American Constitution – A collection of twelve maps highlighting the final vote in each state’s ratifying convention.
America’s Founders Chapbook Series – A series of five chapbooks by John P. Kaminski on George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Marquis de Lafayette, and Abigail Adams.