Part of the mission of CSAC has been to extend Founding Era resources and staff expertise to a range of communities beyond the University of Wisconsin–Madison. To fulfill that mission, each year CSAC identifies six teachers among program applicants who have a record of commitment to teaching and invites them to participate in a special three-day seminar on the Confederation Period and the drafting and ratification of the Constitution. The program’s purpose is twofold: to honor teachers for their dedication and to enhance their content knowledge and pedagogical skills in the history of early national America. Any teacher currently under contract in any school, public or private, is invited to apply. Program participants are also eligible for the fellowship upon reapplication.
Benefits of being a CSAC Fellow
- A cash award of $150 for travel
- A three-day seminar specifically designed for CSAC Fellows, room and board provided
- Access to conferences hosted by other UW outreach organizations
- Opportunities to network with other teachers
- A Wisconsin Historical Society membership
- A set of reference books
Eligibility and Requirements
Each year CSAC will accept applications and select six teachers from the State of Wisconsin to serve as CSAC Fellows. Selection of CSAC Fellows will be done by CSAC staff. Any teacher who is currently under contract to teach in any Wisconsin school, public or private, is eligible to apply. CSAC Fellows are eligible for the fellowship upon reapplication.
Each CSAC Fellow will be required to:
- Attend the scheduled weekend conference in Madison.
- Read selections for the book discussion sessions at the conference.
- Submit an implementation plan that utilizes CSAC materials in their classrooms.
- Mentor fellow teachers in their respective school districts or departments in their local school.
13-15 March 2020
The Application Process
Submit the electronic application form here and then submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- A resume (two-page limit).
- A one-page letter of recommendation and administrative support from their administrator/principal.
- A one-page statement of intended outreach activities that promote CSAC materials and resources.
All materials must be submitted by January 17, 2020. Those selected to be 2018-19 CSAC Fellows will be notified by email by January 31, 2020.